The ACMH impact in numbers
Costs via Public Sources
- Emergency Department Visit $222
- Psychiatric Hospitalization $835
- Drug/Alcohol Detoxification $850
- Medical/Surgical Hospitalization $2,219
Per day costs in public funds in other settings:
- State Psychiatric Center $802
- Shelter $117
- Prison $187
Savings via ACMH
Public subsidy cost per person/per day for ACMH:
- Transitional Housing with rehabilitation services: $65
- Permanent Housing with case management: $51
- Care Management $11
HOW WE HELP
ACMH serves hundreds of people every day in Manhattan, Queens and the Bronx
We have guided people in managing chronic mental health, substance use, and other medical conditions since 1973. Under contract with Medicaid Health Homes and the NYC DOHMH, the program provides outreach, engagement and care coordination serving hundreds of people daily.
Our primary modes of service fall under supportive services and care management.
ACMH helps people manage chronic mental health, substance use, and medical conditions
ACMH offers a range of housing support fostering suitable levels of independence
ACMH helps people with mental illness find suitable pathways to employment
ACMH identifies the services and supports essential to achieving each individual's goals
ACMH has a track record of success, the result of the people who make up the community.